Emergency Department Leadership - Anglesea
Prepare yourself for Leadership. The ‘Emergency Department Leadership’ course is a five-day program to develop your leadership toolkit and enable you to progress from great clinician to great leader. Over five-days, participants will take part in personal reflections, lectures, group tasks, case studies and other activities to enable their development as well-rounded, well-networked clinical leaders.
📅 29 November - 3 December 2021
This five-day program is a fantastic opportunity to develop your leadership toolkit and enable you to progress from great clinician to great leader.
Leading and managing are intrinsic parts of being a doctor. Often without formal recognition, doctors manage teams, lead service improvements, provide staff development opportunities and contribute to the day-to-day management of their departments.
From very early in their careers doctors have a significant impact on the quality and safety of patient care, on patient experience, staff morale, and on the effectiveness of the working environment.
Expand your skills and confidence in leadership, quality improvement, managing change, creating positive culture, financial management, driving clinical performance, managing projects, influencing organisational stakeholders and establishing robust training and research programs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Emergency Department Directors
- Emergency Medicine Fellows (Medical)
- Emergency Medicine Trainees (Medical)
- Senior hospital administrators in Emergency Medicine
Dates: Monday 29 November – Friday 3 December 2021
Great Ocean Road Resort, Anglesea, Victoria
Over five-days, participants take part in personal reflections, lectures, group tasks, case studies and other activities to enable their development as well-rounded, well-networked clinical leaders.
Participants will be provided with self-directed online pre-learning activities (approximately 10 hours) in preparation for the program.
- Provides an environment to practice leadership techniques and to benefit from the experience of international colleagues.
- Is enhanced with the inclusion of a tertiary hospital COO on the teaching faculty to provide invaluable insight into hospital administration.
- Is designed and relevant for participants from all global locations.
Becoming an emergency medicine clinical leader
Measuring and improving quality of emergency care
Leading people in the emergency department setting
Developing a positive emergency department culture
Managing finances and budgets
Being accountable and driving performance
Managing emergency department projects
Managing the emergency care process
Establishing robust research and training programs
Influencing the organisation and other stakeholders
AUD $2,500.00 + GST
Registration fee includes 5-day course and daily catering.
Accommodation and additional catering is available, at your own cost, on-site and in the surrounding area. We encourage you to stay on-site, if possible, to benefit from networking opportunities.
NETWORKING DINNER PRICES
Monday 29 November – Gourmet BBQ Dinner: AUD $100.00
Thursday 2 December – 3-Course Dinner: AUD $150.00
If, after booking an event you are unable to attend, you are welcome to nominate someone else to attend in your place. Please advise substitutions via email so a correct name tag will be available at the registration desk. CPD hours will be allocated to the substitute delegate.
Cancellation more than 30 days before the event: 70% refund.
Cancellation less than 30 days before the event: no refund, cancellation must be in writing.
Please note, when you register you will be agreeing to the following:
- Unfortunately, in very rare cases due to clinical demand or other unforeseen, unavoidable reason, courses may need to be cancelled. In this instance registrants will be advised urgently and will receive a full refund for registration fees.
- The content of this course is directed at (appropriately licensed and trained) medical practitioners. It represents current information about the provision of emergency care. It is not intended to replace, and should not be construed as, medical advice. Any concerns regarding a medical diagnosis or treatment should be directed to a medical practitioner.
- Due to the corona virus pandemic, course dates and conditions of participation for courses within-person attendance are subject to change based on government advice. This includes (but is not limited to) attendance by those with symptoms of COVID-19, awaiting COVID-19 test results, furloughed from work due to COVID-19, or having travelled overseas or in Australian government identified COVID-19 Hot Spot areas within the last 14 days. If you fit, or are concerned about any of these criterias near your course date, we kindly request you cancel your registration to ensure safety for all. Cancelled registrations can be transferred to an alternative course or held in credit and used any time in the next 24 months. Please be advised that all participants will be required to complete an electronic attestation regarding COVID-19 on arrival at each course date.
Great Ocean Road Resort, located in the heart of Anglesea, offers luxurious facilities including boutique accommodation, a fine dining experience, and spa packages.
For full details on the Great Ocean Road Resort, please visit the website: https://www.greatoceanroadresort.com.au/
Phone: +61 3 5263 3363
For more information about this course, please contact the Course Coordinator.
Alfred Emergency Education
Telephone: 03 9903 0666
Email: etc [@] alfred.org.au
ENDORSEMENT & ACCREDITATION
This course is endorsed by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and accredited by the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.